The pupil premium is addition funding provided by the Government to schools to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
At Thorogate School this funding is used in the following ways:
- to cover the costs of voluntary contributions towards school trips, ensuring full participation with educational activities.
- provide cover for teachers to undertake feedback activities with the children.
- to contribute towards the funding of Sports Coach.
- to contribute towards the cost of interventions to accelerate reading and writing progress.
- to contribute towards the cost of interventions to accelerate maths progress.
The Pupil Premium Strategy was reviewed on Thursday 10th November 2017. It will be reviewed again at the Autumn Term Governor meeting in 2017.